I'm thrilled to welcome the fabulous Darynda Jones back to Mad Hatter Reads! Death, Doom and Detention, the second book in her Darklight YA series, was released March 5th. Darynda stopped in for a quick chat about angel bad-boy, Jared Kovach (wait...angel bad boy??? Yep!) and why we should lurv him as much as she does!
Darynda's Top 10 Reasons She Lurvs Jared
1. He saw the formation of the heavens and the Earth. He was there when the universe was born, when the dust and debris from space came together to create a billion worlds and a trillion stars. And he was in awe of it all.
2. He has a touch of bad boy in him. He is the Angel of Death after all. How much badder can one get?
3. He’s hot. Yes, the author knows he only looks around 16, but he’s an angel. He’s a LOT older than he looks. She believes that justifies her feelings.
4. He sees Lorelei for who she is. He doesn’t ask for any more than what she is and loves her for kindness and warmth.
5. He sees Lorelei’s past, everything she has been through, and he wants to protect her from going through anything like that again.
6. He sees Lorelei’s potential. He sees what she is capable of no matter how much she protests. If anyone can stop a supernatural war, it’s her, and Jared knows it.
7. He has great tatts.
8. He can dematerialize himself and those around him. You know, for when stray pianos fly through the air. For example.
9. He is a warrior. He’s fought demons from other dimensions and lived to tell the tale.
10. He’s hot. Did she mention that already?
More about Death, Doom and Detention:
The normal part of Lorelei MacAlister’s life didn’t just slip away quietly the day Jared Kovach came to town. Nope. The normal part of her life shattered. It exploded. It burst into a gazillion shards of fleeting light.It went out with a bang.Goodbye normal.Hello dark and eerie.While her best friend, Brooklyn, is focusing all of her energy on helping Lorelei hone her abilities, Lorelei is dealing with the reality that Satan’s second in command has taken up residence inside her body. Oh, and the fact that she has a crush on the Angel of Death. But what a beautiful death it is. If those weren’t bad enough, something sinister has come to town and it wants nothing more than to hear Lorelei’s dying breath as it strangles it out of her. Thank goodness the gang has a supernatural champion. But what happens when the only being who can save them switches sides midstream? How can a group of misfits capture one of the most powerful beings ever created? And will they find out how to bring Jared back to them before it’s too late?
More about Darynda Jones:
NYTimes and USA Today Bestselling Author Darynda Jones has won numerous awards for her work, including a prestigious Golden Heart®, a Rebecca, two Hold Medallions, a RITA ®, and a Daphne du Maurier, and she has received stellar reviews from dozens of publications including starred reviews from Publisher’s Weekly, Booklist, and the Library Journal. As a born storyteller, Darynda grew up spinning tales of dashing damsels and heroes in distress for any unfortunate soul who happened by, annoying man and beast alike, and she is ever so grateful for the opportunity to carry on that tradition. She currently has two series with St. Martin’s Press: The Charley Davidson Series and the Darklight Trilogy. She lives in the Land of Enchantment, also known as New Mexico, with her husband of almost 30 years and two beautiful sons, the Mighty, Mighty Jones Boys. She can be found at www.daryndajones.com.· Darynda Jones Website
Links To Author:
Links To Author:
· Darynda’s World
Links To Purchase Books:· Amazon
· Barnes & Nobles
Hurry and enter to win a copy of Darynda Jones' Death, Doom and Detention!
a Rafflecopter giveaway